To conclude the mini-series , let’s do a recap summary on the areas we covered in Transformational Leadership in The Sales World:
- Emphasized clarity and focus on 3 areas: Sales Operations, Sales Enablement, & Sales Management
- If you want to maximize productivity then at minimum your organization should have a lead or team for all 3 to create clear ownership and focus.
- Sales Management should not be a catch-all; and Sales Enablement is not Sales Operations.
Effective Sales Leadership | TAKE AWAYS:
- A sales manager is not a sales leader.
- To be an effective sales leader, you must first understand the various roles to play; a leader, a coach, a mentor, and a manager.
- The goal is not to master these specific roles; the goal is to get out of constant managerial mode, and learn WHEN and HOW to pivot your approach and get the most out of your sales folks.
Transformational Sales Leadership | TAKE AWAYS:
- This is about digging deep and introducing dynamic leadership skills in addition to the fundamental ones you’ve established.
- Pushing yourself to develop your capabilities even further and challenging your leadership boundaries.
- The goal is not to master these specific roles either; the goal is to learn HOW and WHEN to be a transformational leader amongst your PEERS and COLLEAGUES.
SQUASHING THE STIGMA | TAKE AWAYS:
- Sales stigma is a real thing: it is the stereotypical perception of the categorization and association of sales people with negativity. It will stifle the growth of your business in more than one way.
- Avoiding or eliminating it is a TWO WAY street with ownership of both the sales team and the rest of the business.
- This can also be the beginning of a cultural transformation – embrace it.
PART 4 | SERIES CONCLUSION OF TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP IN THE SALES WORLD